According to Ayurveda, Ghee is suitable for all kinds of people, since it balances the three doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha, that is to say it is tridóshico. Along with this, it strengthens Agni or digestive fire.
In Ayurveda Ghee is recommended in combination with spices. Spices such as turmeric, mustard seeds, cumin, etc. when cooked in Ghee, make all the properties and essential oils of them impregnated in this oil, favoring the subsequent absorption of them in our body. To this ghee mixture with spices, then other foods such as rice, vegetables, legumes or cereals are added to be cooked together. Dishes prepared in this way are true jewels of vegetarian and healthy vegetarian cuisine.
· Improves nutrient absorption. Ghee easily penetrates
cell membranes and therefore increases the efficiency of the spices and herbs that dissolve in it, helping the absorption not only of vitamins and minerals, but also of phytonutrients
· Promotes good digestion. It helps to balance excess gastric acid as well as maintaining the stability and natural viscosity of the walls of the stomach and intestines
· Relieves burns. Like Aloe Vera, it reduces the development of blisters and scars when applied to burned or damaged skin.
· Increases the intellect, stimulates long life and is an aphrodisiac that protects the body from numerous diseases
· Relieves dryness of skin and lips. When used as an ointment or external lubricant for massages
Reduces dryness and redness of the eyes by applying a drop to each eye at night
· Aid for the treatment of candida. Caprylic acid containing Ghee is a potent antifungal, which destroys the cells of these fungi and the discomforts associated with them
· Eliminates toxins efficiently from the body and therefore is indispensable in the Panchakarma, ayurvedic purification process that lasts several days
Lubricates joints and improves body elasticity. Making it essential for those who practice physical exercises or energy exercises, such as yoga.
· Help for the care of the voice. Experts recommend Ghee for people who use their voice for public purposes, as it makes the voice softer, more flexible and melodious.
· It is the most natural-looking fat in the human body. It absorbs and penetrates very well all tissues, promoting the healthy functions of all processes in which fats are needed, such as correct brain function
· Does not contain trans fatty acids and is a great antioxidant
· Does not raise cholesterol levels because it contains high-density lipoproteins or HDL (good cholesterol)
· It is an excellent source of butyric acid, which relieves irritable bowel syndrome, fights insulin resistance and has anti-inflammatory effects
· Contains beta carotenes and vitamins A, D, E and K
“Ghee increases the intellect, stimulates longevity and is
an aphrodisiac that protects the body from various diseases.”
- BHAVAPRAKASHA -
Ayurvedic Text from S.XVI